Having a wedding is stressful enough but having it in another country can add to the stress levels even more to the point where it can become a nightmare.
This is why, especially in a country like Bali, Indonesia it is vital to get a wedding planner to handle everything for you. Without one you are going to end up having some serious issues that could affect your dream day.
So the following are reasons why you must use the services of a wedding planner:
- They speak the local language so there is absolutely no misunderstanding when it comes to dealing with suppliers or organising venues or villas. Language can prove a huge barrier when it comes to getting everything right and trying to negotiate with someone whose English language skills are not up to scratch can prove frustrating. Your Balinese wedding planner does speak Bahasa so they can easily deal with he trades necessary to make your wedding day harmonious.
- You will end up paying more. Sure wedding planners do take a commission and charge a fee, but if you think you can get a better deal with suppliers by going it alone, then good luck. Once they know you a foreigner they will bump up the price. Basically, in the long run you will end up getting ripped off at some point along the line. Wedding planners have their own favourite suppliers and have already negotiated the best rates and deals so why not take advantage of this. Even better, why not give them a realistic budget work with and let them take care of all the running around.
- In Bali, getting hitched is not as easy as it would appear there are some hurdles, paper work and compliance issues that you must be aware of and only your planner will have these on hand ready to give to you prior to the big day. Nothing worse, that arriving only to find out that your marriage is not legal.
- If your unsure about the type of wedding you want or the venue setting your planner will have all the options at their disposal ready for you to choose from. Bali is such a gorgeous island and is the perfect back drop to any wedding, therefore finding the ideal venue that suits your specific needs is going to be less of a drama if you leave it to a professional as they will have lists of wedding venues and villas at their finger tips.
- Planners will also be happy to meet with you before the event and run through everything. For the ceremony right through to the reception, you will know what to expect without stressing out about every details. This is real peace of mind and worth every cent, and it goes even further in a country like Bali where little things can go wrong very quickly.
- Wedding planners can customise weddings based on your exact brief – they are so much more proficient and creative at this than your stock standard, garden variety, ‘same as’ style weddings that hotels offer. Having wedding at one of the big hotels is fine if you are looking for little or no imagination. They churn these out en-masse so you have to ask yourself is this the type of approach you want?
So don’t try to penny pinch and think that your going to save some money by taking a DIY approach or go for the cookie cutter hotel wedding. The risks are far too high and the day will end up being far less special that you wanted.
Let an experienced team on veterans like Your Bali Wedding handle all aspects of your big day. You won’t regret it.
* sponsored by Your Bali Wedding